Blog 10
Summary:
The National Audit Office said that Dementia services in England are being neglected. Care for dementia patients is still not receiving the priority. Last year the Government unveiled a dementia strategy. The NAO is wondering when the plans become reality. The plans are early diagnoses and better patient and carer support. The Government says that they are working hard, but there is still much more to be done. According the NAO it is not clear were the extra £150m that they would receive how that money will be spent. The Department should give necessary tools to make change happen than the strategy will transform lives.
Reaction:
It appears that many older people faced unnecessary hospital stays or were put into care homes to early cause by a lack of basic training and “patchy “work. Basically, the government promised something but did not make that promise true. I think it is also a problem that needs priority. It seems to me that they are not working very well together and maybe there is a gap between communication, priorities and timetable. But this kind of issues will always be complex because it is a huge issue and many people are involved. But we are talking about people that need help. And I think that is a big priority!
Source:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8457968.stm
woensdag 20 januari 2010
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
I think it is sad that this group of elderly seem to be forgotten. My grandmother has Dementia and I can see it is very important that she is taken care of. Therefore, I think the care for dementia patients should be receiving a priority.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen