blog 8
Summary:
Fresh snow covered many parts of the UK on Wednesday, 13 January 2010. The bad weather has brought the economy to a “standstill” according The Federation of Small Businesses. And it is costing at least £600 million a day. Roads were closed, many airport runways shut and also many schools closed their doors. Hospitals and emergency departments have seen a large increase in people with broken bones. The UK need to be better prepared with more salt stocks for roads. Buiseniss leaders asked for talks between local authorities, schools, transport and salt mining companies and buisenesses to find solutions to deal with the bad weather.
Reaction:
Unfortunately, we did not get that much snow in the Netherlands. I know that it is bad for the economy and I know that many people will break their bones. But above that isn’t it great that the whole country is on its head. Schools are closed, roads are delayed. Many people can enjoy this time and can play in the snow. I think people should see it as a natural forced vacation! Off course it is giving lots of trouble but if we all be careful and help each other it can be really fun. I love snow!
Source:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jan/13/snow-chaos-uk
woensdag 20 januari 2010
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
It is good to see, that not only the Netherlands has a lot of problem with a little bit of snow. We had it better i think than the UK, because we had salt and they didn't. Nice summary, well writen
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI think this article brings funny news. People love snow in the winter. They want a white christmas. But when there is a lot of snow, the whole country is a chaos. I think the UK need to be better prepared for this winter weather when it brings so much problems.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen